Not your average 200-hour yoga teacher training (YTT) program
There’s no shortage of YTT programs out there. Nearly every studio has one. While they’ll all teach you the names of the poses and how to teach them, most will focus on teaching yoga in a way that caters to the Western yoga ideal: thin, able-bodied, affluent and female.
At YogaQuest, we believe that yoga should be accessible to everyone. And, we believe it’s essential that you learn to teach to the people who will actually show up to class–not just the hyper-flexible, able-bodied models you see in most yoga anatomy books.
Yoga teacher training will change your life. If it’s important that your yoga teacher training program reflect your values, choose YogaQuest.
Yoga teacher training basics
The YogaQuest 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program meets the basic requirements set forth by Yoga Alliance for yoga teacher training programs. Our classes cover:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga Teachers. At YogaQuest, anatomy classes are taught by a Registered Nurse who is also a yoga teacher.
- Asana / Postures
- Standing and balancing postures
- Seated postures
- The Spine: Bends, folds and twists
- The principles of observing, demonstrating, assisting and correcting students
- The Business of Yoga
- Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga Sutras
- Ethical Yoga Teaching
- Karma Yoga
What sets YogaQuest Teacher Training apart
At YogaQuest, we believe that yoga teachers need to be more than group fitness class instructors. In addition to teaching you the mechanics of yoga, we explore the most critical issues facing yoga teachers today, including:
- Body positive yoga and making yoga accessible for different bodies
- Teaching trauma-informed yoga
- Yoga for underserved populations
- Yoga as social justice
- Working with diverse yogis
- Yoga for anxiety and depression
- How to skillfully use props
- Creating an impactful class
- Communication skills
- How to be an impactful teacher
- Body in cultural context
- Yoga and culture
- Self of the Teacher. Explore the feelings, triggers, and what comes up for us as teachers. How to take care of ourselves as we hold space for students.
- Yogiography™, our exclusive specialty training that combines storytelling with movement to help you create an exceptional yoga experience.
Money: $3000 for YTT + Yogiography; $2750 if you pay entire amount up front; payment plans available
Time: Sessions are one weekend per month for 9 months. Classes are held for 4 hours each Friday night and 8 hours each Saturday and Sunday.
Join us for the Quest of a lifetime.
The YogaQuest 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training meets one weekend per month for nine months. Each training group is capped at 6 participants guaranteeing personalized instruction and feedback.
2018-1019 training dates
- September 21–23, 2018
- October 19–21, 2018
- November 16–18, 2018
- December 14–16, 2018
- January 18–20, 2019
- February 15–17, 2019
- March 22–14, 2019
- April 19–21, 2019
- May 17–19, 2019
Friday: 6–10 pm
Saturday: 10 am–6 pm
Sunday: 10 am–6 pm